History of the Library

The Town of Ballston Community Library, located at 2 Lawmar Lane, Burnt Hills, NY 12027, is a Special District Library chartered to serve the Town of Ballston, outside of the village of Ballston Spa. The Library also has a contract with the Town of Charlton. Services provided by the Library include loaning of books, audiobooks, magazines, dvds, board games, cake pans, museum passes, as well as use of public computers and printers, a copier with scanning and faxing capabilities, and a Notary by appointment. Programs are offered for patrons from infancy to adult.

Legislation & Articles

Original Charter – 1952-1958
Charter Documents 1958
Charter Documents 1963
Charter Documents 1978
Charter Documents 1999
Charter Documents 2000


Library History – Article written by Current Town Historian, Rick Reynolds

The Little Library That Could – Book written by former Town Historian, Kathy Briaddy



Original Library Building at the corner of Lawmar and Lakehill Rd